Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lynnlee Faith

When we first found out that we were going to have a baby, we shared the news with our friends Jackie and Josh. Shortly after, they let us know that they were also expecting- and that Jackie was due just about a week before me! We were so excited to share this special time together, and even joked that we could share a hospital room when the time came! However, Jackie's pregnancy, for whatever reason, was not the easiest and she experienced some complications. I have almost felt guilty for having such a smooth pregnancy while praying daily that Jackie and her precious baby would be healthy and safe.

I don't know if she felt the same way, but I just continued to feel such a strong bond with Jackie as we both progressed in our pregnancies. We have not known each other for very long, but I still felt that bond. When we both found out that we were expecting baby girls, that feeling grew stronger. However, Jackie's news that she and Josh were having a baby girl also came with news that she was having a very difficult time in the womb. Jared and I have had heavy hearts for Jackie and Josh throughout this time, and have had a burden to pray for them probably more so than anything else in our lives together so far.

One afternoon, after Jackie and Josh had been to another doctor's appointment, we saw them in the office at Jared's school (Jared and Jackie work together). For some reason, I just had an overwhelming feeling in that moment that everything would be ok. This is not a normal gut reaction for me, as I am the eternal pessimist, so I just knew Jesus was speaking peace for them into my heart. The next Sunday or so, at church, we were sitting with Jackie and Josh, and the pastor was preaching about how we should pray big and believe that God will do big things. I truly felt that God was speaking through him into this situation. Then I think the next Sunday we were sitting with Jackie and Josh in church during a baby dedication. I prayed that God would allow both Jackie and I to be standing there with our babies during the next baby dedication. I just knew, and still know, that we He would and will answer that prayer.

Lynnlee Faith was born a week and a day ago on January 3, 2011 at 26 weeks. She is a precious miracle and is doing so well in the NICU. Jared and I got to go meet her last Sunday, and she is so beautiful and I know her parents are so proud. I know our baby girl can't wait to meet her, and I hope they will always be friends. I really feel like their stories are somehow entwined together. Even if not, though, I know that this has been a special time for me, and I think all those involved, to really grow in our faith.

Faith has been the major theme in this whole journey. Before we even knew anything was wrong, Jackie and I had both thought of the name Faith for a middle name for both girls. Just for the record, we didn't plan or discuss this together- it just happened! There are so many people, including me and Jared, who are praying in faith for Lynnlee, and I know that God is hearing and answering those prayers. It might sound crazy, but I even believe that our precious baby girl somehow knows about Lynnlee and is rooting for her, too!

While this is obviously not our story, and there is so much more to Jackie, Josh, and Lynnlee's story, I truly am so grateful to be a part of it. I know I have grown so much in my relationship with Jesus and my prayer life has been strengthened through this. I also feel more ready to be a momma to our own baby when she comes. 

If you want to follow Lynnlee's story and pray for her or leave a message for Jackie and Josh, go to http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/smithbaby or just go to caringbridge.org and type in smithbaby in the search box.

1 comment: